Who we are
The Forrest Community
The Forrest Project operates as a meritocracy: the more you do, the more responsibility you will obtain. This page lists all of the people who have gone the extra mile and are Committers. If you would like to get involved, the first step is to join the mailing lists.
Of course the committers are not the only people involved in the community. Thanks to the many people for their contributions of patches, assistance, ideas, and email discussion. Some are mentioned at the changes page. See how we acknowledge contributions.
Please do not send emails directly to individual developers asking for free support - see the Important Notices at the mailing lists page.
List of committers
List of all people who have ever been committers at Apache Forrest, sorted alphabetically.
- [NKB] - Nicola Ken Barozzi (nicolaken.at.apache.org)
- [DB] - Dave Brondsema (brondsem.at.apache.org)
- [DC] - David Crossley (crossley.at.apache.org) - PMC Chair
- [BMD] - Brian M. Dubé (bdube.at.apache.org)
- [CD] - Cyriaque Dupoirieux (cdupoirieux.at.apache.org)
- [AG] - Antonio Gallardo (antonio.at.apache.org)
- [RDG] - Ross Gardler (rgardler.at.apache.org)
- [DG] - Diwaker Gupta (diwaker.at.apache.org)
- [JM] - Jeremias Maerki (jeremias.at.apache.org)
- [SKH] - Sina Khakbaz Heshmati (sina.at.apache.org)
- [SM] - Stefano Mazzocchi (stefano.at.apache.org)
- [GM] - Gavin McDonald (gmcdonald.at.apache.org)
- [SNM] - Sjur Moshagen (sjur.at.apache.org)
- [JRM] - John Morrison (morrijr.at.apache.org)
- [SN] - Steven Noels (stevenn.at.apache.org)
- [JJP] - Juan Jose Pablos (cheche.at.apache.org)
- [KP] - Konstantin Piroumian (kpiroumian.at.apache.org)
- [MP] - Marc Portier (mpo.at.apache.org)
- [SR] - Sam Ruby (rubys.at.apache.org)
- [JS] - Johannes Schaefer (josch.at.apache.org)
- [TS] - Thorsten Scherler (thorsten.at.apache.org)
- [FSO] - Ferdinand Soethe (ferdinand.at.apache.org)
- [RFT] - Rick F. Tessner (rick.at.apache.org)
- [JT] - Jeff Turner (jefft.at.apache.org)
- [TW] - Tim Williams (twilliams.at.apache.org)
Strong type denotes "Project Management Committee (PMC) member". Emphasis type denotes "emeritus PMC member". See the ASF role definitions for detailed role information. The actual list of PMC members is in the SVN "committers" repository at /board/committee-info.txt
Some people were committers prior to Forrest becoming a top-level project and so gaining a PMC. They were not around since then, so have never been on the PMC.
All new committers are encouraged to be PMC members.
Committers can be as active as they choose and there is no performance pressure from the project. For those who are interested in the work that each particular committer has done, see the acknowledgements section.
All Apache Cocoon committers and Apache Lenya committers also have rights to commit to Forrest. Before your first commit, please either subscribe to the svn@ mail list, or add yourself to the "allow" list (i.e. svn-allow-subscribe@).