This is a glossary of terms and their definitions for the Apache Forrest project. Some plugins also have a glossary, for example Dispatcher.
|Add content to this Glossary||
1. This glossary is incomplete, please help where you can by adding definitions to
existing items where needed. Also, add new Items to the glossary as
|Abbreviations in electronic mail||
1. Abbreviations and acronyms are often used as shorthand in email, e.g. AFAIK "As Far As I Know", IMO "In My Opinion".
|The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)||
1. The Apache Software Foundation is the home of Apache
|Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)||
1. A simple mechanism for adding style (e.g. fonts, colors, spacing) to Web
1. A temporary Forrest package build from trunk during the release process to be tested and evaluated.
|Separation of Concerns (SoC)||
1. Different people, different skills, different purposes different code. Each can
concentrate on their separate, but well-integrated, area of concern.
|Standard Document Format||
1. Forrests internal document format (defined by an XML-grammar). This format ist the common denominator
for all things going into or coming out of Forrest's core processing. All input-plugins will translate their supported documents into this
format, all output-plugins will create the output by transforming this format into something else. Currently Forrest uses document-v13-dtd as its internal format.