Overview of the How-To documents
This is documentation for past version v0.8 (More)
Forrest Site and Documentation
- How to write a How-To - Provides instructions about writing documents. Please copy this file to serve as a template for your own document.
- Generate an ASF mirrors page using interactive web form - include html form elements into a forrest-generated html page. For example, this enables building automated download mirror pages for ASF project websites. Also shows how to process "extra" documents, i.e. that have no links from anywhere in the site.
Using and developing with Forrest
You will soon see that there is not much distinction between users and developers.
- How to create a PDF document for each tab - Describes the generation of a PDF document for each group of documents that is defined by a tab.
- How to edit Forrest's CSS in a WYSIWYG fashion - Describes the use of Mozilla Firebird and the free EditCSS-Plugin to customize your Forrest design in a WYSIWYG-way.
- How to modify the color of generated corner images - Describes the use of CSS values from the skinconf.xml configuration file to change the color of the corner images to be suitable for your own skin colors. Advanced use explains editing the *.css too.
- How to run Forrest from within Maven - For Maven users who want to generate their project's documentation and/or website using Forrest in lieu of Maven's site plugin.
- How to customize processing of html source - When integrating legacy html documents into a Forrest-built site, additional processing of the html sources might be required.
- How to create a Plugin for Forrest - Describes how to write a plugin to add new input or output document formats, or to modify the default behaviour of Forrest